- Birth Date
- 18 August 1822
- Death Date
- 26 August 1856
Sarah Ann Barlow Ashton
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon. Sarah had a daughter that died at Boston Harbor prior to the company's overland journey. Sarah, herself, died in childbirth en route at Cutler's Park in Nebraska.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Died en Route
- Archer, Patience Loader, Reminiscences, [transcript]. MS 6218, p. 57-92.
- Jaques, John, [Diary], in Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 71.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 242.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Martin's Handcart Company, 1856 [No. 4]," Salt Lake Herald, 3 November 1907.
- Ship Passenger and Manifest Lists/Mormon Migration