- Birth Date
- 19 May 1805
- Death Date
- 31 August 1856
With his family he crossed the Atlantic on the ship S. Curling in 1856. The family surname is spelled "Stoddard" on the ship manifest. The Ellsworth Journal lists all of the Stoddart (two families) traveling together, with Robert at the head, although they are all listed together, note that there were two separate Stoddart families - Robert and Margret with their three children (Dinah, James, and Mary), and William and Margaret with their seven children (Caleb, Hannah, Jane, Margaret, Mary, Robert, and Sarah). They are also listed as separate families in the PEF Ledger (though both families appear on the same page).
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- William Bell Stoddart (Age: 43)
- Margaret Mariah Stoddart (Age: 40)
- Margaret Mariah Stoddart (Age: 38)
- Caleb Stoddart (Age: 18)
- Robert Stoddart (Age: 16)
- James Stoddart (Age: 14)
- Jane Stoddart (Age: 12)
- Mary Stoddart (Age: 11)
- Sarah Stoddart (Age: 10)
- Hannah Stoddart (Age: 8)
- Dinah Stoddart (Age: 6)
- Mary Stoddart (Age: 3)
- Margaret Stoddart (Age: 1)
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company, Journal, 1856 June-Sept.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 8.
- Ham, Ann, Diary of Ann Ham Hickenlooper.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 29.
- Oakley, John, Journal excerpt 1856 June-Aug.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 192.
- Walters, Archer, Diary 1856 Mar.-Sept., 9-16.