- Birth Date
- 10 November 1833
- Death Date
- 28 December 1907
Emma was the wife of William Butler. In 1856, at the end of a mission, William returned home with the Edmund Ellsworth Company. He was the Captain of the 2nd Hundred. At one point along the journey he was unable to follow the train and drive the stock, so Emma took over for him. He was left behind to travel or die. He recovered and was able to continue the journey and rejoin the company.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Butler, William, Journal, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Collection, 1828-1963, reel 11, item 3.
- "Death of Mrs. Emma Butler," Deseret News, 28 December 1907, 3.
- Edmund Ellsworth Emigrating Company, Journal, 1856 June-Sept.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 28.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 198.