Curtis Edwin Bolton Sr.
- Birth Date
- 15 July 1812
- Death Date
- 6 December 1890
The Bolton family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1848 with the Brigham Young Company. The family included: Curtis Edwin and Rebecca Bunker and their children Ann Booth, Emma Smith, and Edwin Young; Curtis Edwin Jr., a son of Curtis Sr.’s from a previous marriage; and Curtis Sr.’s second wife, Ellen Coil Merritt. Curtis Sr. served as company clerk.
At the end of a mission, Curtis traveled home to Utah in 1853 with the John Brown Company as company chaplain.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 40
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Bolton, Curtis E[dwin], Reminiscences, in Salt Lake Stake, Melchizedek Priesthood minutes and records, High Priest Quorum Minute Book, 1848-1860, series 13, vol. 2, 72-73.
- Bolton, Curtis Edwin, to Curtis Bolton, 9 Oct. 1848, in Cleo H. Evans, comp., Curtis Edwin Bolton: Pioneer, Missionary, History, Descendants and Ancestors , 153q-153r.
- Bolton, Curtis Edwin, to Jackson Bolton, 15 Nov. 1853, Salt Lake City.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, fd. 1-4.
- Journal History, Supp. after 31 Dec. 1848, p. 1, 3