- Birth Date
- 29 July 1804
- Death Date
- 13 June 1871
Joseph died at Indian Creek, Near Council Bluffs, Iowa. He went to Salt Lake City at an early date but returned to Iowa and became a member of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Age at Departure: 43
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1856 Iowa Census
- 1860 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County
- Black, Susan Easton. Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (6 vols.)
- "Died," Saints Herald, 1 July 1871, 416.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Lee, John D., A Mormon Chronicle: The Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876, ed. Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks, 2 vols. , 1:30-79.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Seventy Quorum Membership Index, 1835-1846.