- Birth Date
- 24 January 1807
- Death Date
- 14 January 1871
James came to the United States with his wife (Amelia) and four children, arriving at New Orleans on the ship Charles Buck in 1854. His wife died at Mormon Grove, prior to the company's departure. James' obituary says that he "lived awhile under the regime of B. Young." After moving to California he joined the Reorganized Church.
- Age at Departure: 48
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- "Died," True Latter-day Saints' Herald, 1 Feb. 1871, 96.
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 188.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 72.