- Birth Date
- 16 June 1845
- Death Date
- 9 May 1928
Jesse initially traveled to the Valley with his parents and siblings in 1855. However, he is seen on the plains again in 1866, working as a teamster for Chipman's out-and-back company from the American Fork Ward.
More research is needed concerning Jesse's date of birth. Secondary and indirect sources state and imply that Jesse was born either in June 1844 or June 1845.
- Age at Departure: 10
- Age at Departure: 21
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 United States Census
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- “Captain Henry Chipman Co., 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book, 1866, 1868. (CR 376 8; Box 2; Folder 17; File 6-7, 55-58)
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- "Jesse Crookston Passes Away Following Illness," American Fork Citizen, 12 May 1928, 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 118.
- Utah Death Certificates.