- Christening Date
- 2 February 1821
- Death Date
- 11 August 1905
Wife of John Melling. William Knox's journal mentions the birth of her daughter on the trail. Her husband died a few years after arriving to Utah.
According to 1860 census records, she was living in Missouri with her parents, daughter, and son. They went back to Utah with the Dame company in 1862.
Her surname is "Salisbury" on Find A Grave website on the grave stone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Knox, William, Journals, 1847-1864.
- “List of persons in W. H. Dame’s freight train, Ft. Laramie, 1862 September 1.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 58)
- "Names of Immigrants," Deseret News [Weekly], 24 September 1862, 2.
- Treasures of Pioneer History, vol. 5, p. 52