- Birth Date
- 30 September 1837
- Death Date
- 12 March 1908
The Wells family was in Iowa at the time of the 1850 federal census (enumerated 12 September) and Otha (head of household) is documented in the Valley by the 1852 Bishop's report, so his family must have traveled between 1851 and 1852. Further research is needed to narrow the year of travel and identify the name of the company they traveled with.
Birth date confirmed by Payson Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 4 April 1858.
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1850 Iowa Census, Fremont County.
- "Died," The Saints' Herald, 1 April 1908, 333.
- Payson Ward, Record of Members.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.