- Birth Date
- 12 May 1831
- Death Date
- 11 June 1908
Henry Shuler Buckwalter
Son of John and Sarah Shuler Buckwalter.
Henry initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the John S. Higbee/James W. Bay Company in 1852 with his mother and some of his siblings. In the 1852 Registry of Names his surname is spelled "Buckwoller."
In 1855 he traveled across the plains in the John Hindley Company with his brother John Buckwalter after visiting friends and relatives in Pennsylvania.
In the 1856 Utah census he was living at Lake City (American Fork), Utah County, Utah.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His death date is confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "1st Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- “1st Company of 50 report, 1855.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 36)
- Bay, James Willard, Diaries, 1850-1853, vol. 2.
- Buckwalter, Henry Shuler, Autobiography, ca. 1906, 18-19.
- Buckwalter, Henry Shuler, Autobiography, ca. 1906, 9.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "H. S. Buckwalter Called By Death," Inter-Mountain Republican, 7 November 1908, 5.
- Hindley, Jane Charters Robinson, Journals, 1855-1905, [16-21].
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, 1:604.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 1.
- Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 1:604.
- Parson, John, Camp Journal, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3 Sept. 1855, 5-12.
- "Pioneer Passes in Death of Buckwalter," The Salt Lake Herald, 15 November 1908, 5.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.