Previous Mission Names
Organized as the Society Islands Mission in 1844, missionary work ceased in 1852. In January 1892, missionaries from the Samoan Mission arrived in Tahiti. The Society Islands Mission was reorganized later that year. In 1907 it was renamed the Tahitian Mission.
Chronological history of the mission containing information about missionaries, members, and units, compiled from mission reports, journals, news articles, and other documents.
Official periodical of the Tahitian Mission from 1907 to 1961, with a break between 1940 and 1948.