James Edward Talmage
- August 1882–June 1884
- Age Called: 19
- Pennsylvania, Maryland
- Set Apart: 26 August 1882
- Arrived At Home: 25 June 1884
- Mission type: Education
- Marital Status: Single
- Priesthood office: Elder
- Called From: Provo, Utah, Utah, United States
- Set apart by: B Young
- Notes: Studied at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and then John Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland.
- October 1924–January 1928
- Age Called: 62
- Served as Mission President
- Set Apart: 9 October 1924
- Departed From Home: 15 October 1924
- Arrived In Field: 31 October 1924
- Departed From Field: 5 January 1928
- Arrived At Home: 21 February 1928
- Mission type: Proselytizing
- Marital Status: Married
- Served with spouse: Merry May Booth
- Served with children: Helen May Talmage
- Priesthood office: Apostle
- Quorum: Quorum Of The Twelve
- Called From: Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United States
- Set apart by: President Heber J Grant
Stories and Documents
Missionary Department missionary registers, 1860-1959, Vol. 1, p. 60, line 2587.
1882 studies in Pennsylvania, Maryland
Missionary Department missionary registers, 1860-1959, Vol. 5, p. 123, line 640.
October 1924, set apart to preside over European Mission
Mormon Missionary Diaries, Brigham Young University.
Five journals spanning 1924 to 1928 during his tenure as president of the British and European Missions.
British Mission history, 1841-1971: LR 1140 2, Church History Library.
See the index above for entries on his service.