Skip main navigation

Church History

Daily

An Alberta Dedication

Church members in Cardston, Alberta, Canada, began using a new tabernacle building in May 1912, but they did not dedicate the building until August 1917—just after they had made the last payment on construction-related debts. “What a relief we feel,” Edward J. Wood of the building committee wrote, “now that our debts are paid on this beautiful building.”

A Tabernacle in the Wilderness: The History of the Alberta Stake Tabernacle,” history.lds.org