Mary Cummings was the cook and housekeeper for and Bryan Ward Nowlin and married him while on the plains. She traveled with her brothers Benjamin and Alva Cummings.
Daniel Spencer/Ira Eldredge Company (1847)Age at departure: 17
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 2, p. 86
- Cummings, Benjamin F, Biography and Journals
- Cummings, Benjamin Franklin, Reminiscences and diaries, 1842-1879, fd. 1, 8p.
- Trail Excerpt
- Source Location
- Church History Library, Salt Lake City
- Journal History, 21 June 1847, p. 14