Henry was an orphan who was adopted by Mary Ann Elliott Sheets. Mary and Henry crossed the plains together under the surname Sheets. In Utah Mary became the wife of Richard Shelton so Henry took the Shelton surname.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News [Weekly], 15 Aug. 1860, 189.
- Trail Excerpt
- Source Location
- Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott Library, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Church History Library, Salt Lake City
- Journal History, Supp. after 31 Dec. 1860, p. 41
New FamilySearch/Family Tree