To obtain copies of patriarchal blessings for yourself or a deceased direct-line ancestor, you will need the following information:
- Your Church membership record number. (If you do not have it, please see your ward membership clerk.)
- Blessing recipient's name at the time the blessing was given.
- Names of blessing recipient's parents.
- Birth date of blessing recipient.
- Approximate year the blessing was given.
- Your relationship to recipient.
- Your mailing address.
You may request copies of blessings in three ways:
- In Person—Please bring a valid photo ID when you come to the library. Only your own blessings may be requested in person. Ancestors' blessings must be requested online as directed below.
- Through the Postal Service—Mail your request to the address below.
Church History Library
Attn: Patriarchal Blessings
15 East North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-1600
- Online—Click on the appropriate link to request a copy of your own blessing or request a copy of an ancestor's blessing. You will need an LDS Account or LDS membership number to login.
In order to efficiently process requests in a timely manner, we ask that you only request four blessings per month for deceased ancestors. Requests for blessings for the deceased take longer and will be processed in the order received. All email and letter requests will be returned through postal mail.
For information call: 1-801-240-2540.